+ Equipment you need a mat, if is double better and check out that is non-slip surface for your practice, (I spend 30 dollars to buy mine) /// your clothes needs to be confortable and you need leggings or pants for yoga, try to not do it with jeans or clothes that doesn’t strech this ones can hurt you, you can do it with shoes but I truly recommend without, if you have cold in your feets you can use socks.
- I just eat, how much time i need to wait?
+ Eat Don’t have a big meal right before/after class. You can have a light snack an hour or two before class and be fine. Do not eat 30 minutes after the class; after half an hour of your yoga practice drink a glass of warm milk or fruit juice and In the lunch, eat easily digestible foods like soups,sprouts, fruits and vegetables. Avoid fried, meat and heavy grain foods. /// Drink as little as possible during the yoga practice - and preferably not at all! Therefore, make sure to drink enough beforehand /// It is recommended not to drink for 15 minutes and eat for half an hour after the yoga practice to let the body calm down again.
- Where can I practice?
+ Create a tranquil atmosphere. Make sure you have enough floor space to move forward, backward, left, and right without running into or hitting anything. If you don’t already have this space, you may need to clear out some clutter.
- How beggin my practice?
+ Practice Alignment the precise way that the body lines up in each posture. Good alignment is very important to minimize the chance of injury /// After the yoga practice you should rest for 10 minutes in Savasana - relaxed and with normal breathing. Put on some extra clothes or a blanket so you don’t get cold. ///If you experience emotional reactions during or after the yoga practice welcome and accept the emotions. If you like you can talk about it with your friends/tumblr/ me ü / your family.
- Take 3- 5 breaths in every pose
- Decide how often you want to practice. Ideally you should practice every single day, but you can practice anywhere from once a week to seven days a week. You will obtain the most benefits if you practice 5-7 days a week.
- Deepen your practice. Once you have gotten started, find some ways to add variety and to take your practice to the next level. One way you can do this is by doing different types of poses on different days of the week.
- Keep a yoga practice journal. Write down all of your experiences and what’s happening to your body/mind, you can use a notebook or share it in your blog/tumblr pose.
- You can have mini goals or participe in yoga challenges on instagram or tumblr, this can help you to see your progress and stay motivated!.
- What kind of poses or videos can I do?
- yoga poses
- YOGA FOR BEGINNERS Part 1
- Day 1 - 30 Day Yoga Challenge - Let’s Get Started!
- Yoga para principiantes - beginners
- Yoga With Adriene
- About ladies holidays?
+ Menstruation you can take “ladies holidays” when menstruating. As a minimum it is recommended to practice lightly on the first day of menstruation but naturally it is individual what you feel like doing (or not doing) during this period. I always do when I’m in my shark days because this makes me feel too much better and is also recommended to omit inverted postures during menstruation (ex.shoulder and head stands).
- Trust in you!
+ Stay Positive: Don’t feel bad if you teacher corrects your postures. Hands-on instruction is the best way to learn good form. Try not to judge yourself harshly in comparison to what others are doing on their mats. Everyone is at a different place on the path. Stay light-hearted and keep your sense of humor. Laugh if you fall out of a pose, smile when things get difficult. Enjoy yourself.
+ Confidence: Remember that your practice is an individual process. No one else is inside your body, so defer to your own judgement about what you can and cannot do. DON’T FORCE ANY POSE Over time, you will learn to discern the difference between something you may be afraid of or think you can’t do and something that is actually painful and possibly injurious. There is no hurry to get into any particular pose. Listen to your own body and respect what it tells you about how to practice.
Well I hope this helps you, please always feel free to ask me or search help if you have some doubts.